In exactly one month, I will hit the next decade. One that causes many people to flip a shit. I wouldn’t say I’m nervous about turning 30, but I wouldn’t go as far as saying I’m ecstatic about getting older (is anyone really?). But I’m not freaking out about it.
Honestly, I look better than I did in my early- / mid-twenties.
I’m in a loving relationship.
I have a good job with a good salary.
I live in a bomb apartment in a fabulous city.
Not to mention, five years ago I wasn’t traveling – internationally or domestically – the way I do now. Things are great. But they can always be better.
I starting conjuring up a list of things I want to do upon turning 30. Some of them are things I’ve tried and failed before, and some of them are brand spankin’ new.
- Read at least one book every two months before my next birthday
- Spend more time with family
- Drink at least 100 oz of water per day
- Avoid spending my own money one week each month (non-work)
- Stretch more. Foam roll more. Get more massages.
- Save an extra $150 per month
- Avoid calling myself fat
- Sign up for a new type of race
- Go to the movies alone
- Deadlift 275 lbs / backsquat 225 lbs or more
- Make more time for phone calls with family and friends
- Speed up mile jog pace (which means TRAINING, Brynn!)
- Spend more time at home in Boston
- Buy myself more flowers
- Travel to a new city, domestic or international
- Strive for my leanest body while maintaining a balanced life
- Spend less time on my phone around friends, family, and bae
- Try one new Boston restaurant a month
- Complete a detox diet (i.e. no added sugar, Whole 30)
- Learn a new skill
- Do something new at work
- Purge my closet of unused shoes and clothes
- Finish decorating my apartment
- Workout at least twice a week while at client site
- Spend more alone / quiet time with bae
- Create (and stick to) a general budget
- Go to ten historic sites or museums in Boston
- Organize my closets
- Make a new financial investment
- Focus on eating less processed foods
We’ll see how far I get, but it’ something to strive toward next year!
Are you hitting a milestone? Even if you’re not, do you have any goals you’re trying to achieve?