Sometimes I do right by my body. Sometimes I don’t.
While I am a proponent of balance (gimme some wine with that kale), for my goals, I know I need to stick to fueling my body with the right foods most of the time. And when I don’t I can see and feel the difference.
Due to work stress, weekend travels, and events, I let myself slide more than usual the last few weeks, and I really needed a way to refocus. Enter the Shaklee Healthy Cleanse.
It’s NOT a juice cleanse. I do NOT sell it. This is NOT sponsored. Just an honest opinion.
One of my badass, super athletic friends has been using Shaklee products for a long time, swears by them, and began promoting them over the last year. As a wellness guinea pig and supporter of my friends, I decided to see what it was all about. Why not try a week-long cleanse with some virtual supporters and see if there are results?
What does it entail?
- Eat real food – unlimited fruits and vegetables (depending on the type), 1-2 servings of protein per day; avoid dairy, nuts, legumes, processed foods
- Take natural supplements 2x daily
- Go about your day normally (that includes workouts!)
Does it work?
- Did I lose a few pounds? Sure – 5 in July and 3 this week…and I cut the cleanse short / drank coffee with coconut milk most days (not sorry about it)
- Do I feel lighter? Yep
- Do I look more toned? I mean…I noticed very slight changes in my stomach (my biggest “problem area”)
- Do I feel better? YEP. How can you not after consuming only vegetables, fruits, and lean protein for 4 days?
- Is it a miracle worker? NOPE (side note: if you find one, let a girl know plz)
Will I do it Again? Probably! Even when I run out of supplements, I like the idea of having a reason to eat a certain way. You might say, “come on Brynn, just eat that way normally”, and I would say that I do for the most part. But there’s something really helpful about having a reason / being held accountable, either by myself to finish the cleanse, or by the virtual Facebook group of fellow cleansers.
It’s not for everyone. Some people may steer clear of anything with “cleanse” in the name. Some people might not want to take supplements. You do you, boo.
Figuring out what makes you feel and look your best is important, and there are so many things out there to try. I’m just over here checking ’em out one by one 🙂